Friday, May 1, 2009

Another staycationer found

Here's someone who, I believe, has the right idea about staycations. This is pretty much the way I felt before I started taking staycations with my kids:
I had never been one for the idea of a “staycation”. In fact, my ideal of a vacation usually involves getting my passport stamped and drinking coke out of bottles in a place where you can’t drink the water. I like my vacations exotic and culturally challenging. So to think of staying here in the OC was an interesting twist. However, it turned out to be such a good solution for a short getaway. We were able to prepare and pack very casually. And I can't tell you how great it was to arrive at our destination without once being asked "how long 'till we get there".
You can read more details about her staycation at Mama Manifesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment